STANDARD WARRANTY CERTIFICATE
The terms and conditions of this warranty shall apply to the provision of warranty service by Doors Unlimited to all our products supplied herewith. The warranty service shall be effected at such a place as Doors Unlimited may elect, or through authorised Agents.
If, within the applicable Warranty Period as set out in paragraph 11 below, (the “Warranty Period”), any of the Products proven to be defective by reason of faulty workmanship or materials, Doors Unlimited undertakes, with reasonable promptness, to have the defective product (or any part/s thereof) repaired, or at their discretion replaced free of charge by them or by one of their authorised Agents, subject to the following terms and conditions.
- The Product shall have been used solely for its normal purpose and used and maintained in accordance with standard operating building instructions of practice.
- This Warranty only extends to the original purchaser (the “Purchaser”) who, when requesting warranty service, must simultaneously with the request present the applicable and valid purchase receipt to Doors Unlimited. Failure to produce the applicable and valid purchase receipt will result in the request for warranty being null and void.
- After replacement or repair of the Product, the Warranty for the new or repaired Product shall be valid only for the unexpired period of the original Warranty Period.
- Doors Unlimited reserves the right to charge the Purchaser if any warranty service is requested and carried out but where no fault is found with the Product.
- The following are expressly excluded from this warranty:
- Maintenance services; e.g. correct treatment as per recommendations.
- Consequential damages resulting from any defect in the Product.
- Removal, installation and transport costs of any Product found to be defective, though Doors Unlimited may, at its own discretion, assist with same.
- Doors Unlimited shall not be liable for fitting or hardware costs.
- Doors Unlimited shall not be responsible for any delay in repairs in the event that any part/s necessary for the warranty servicing of the Product is not in stock.
- The Warranty shall not apply to malfunction or damage resulting from accidents, which occur during transit, and/or handling. Product misuse, improper use, abuse, neglect or negligence by the Purchaser or anybody else, usage inconsistent with the technical and/or safety standards, malfunction or damage due to fire, earthquake, flood, lightning or any other external disaster, war or any other disturbance (revolution, riot, etc.) unforeseen accidents, wear and tear, or any other external factors beyond Doors Unlimited’s control, or to any Product installed, repaired, adjusted, rebuilt, modified, changed or converted by any person (including the Purchaser) other than Doors Unlimited.
- If, at any time during the Warranty Period, any part/s of the Product are replaced with a part/s not supplied or approved by Doors Unlimited or which are not of an objective quality safe or suitable for the Product, or the Product has been dismantled or repaired by a person not authorised by Doors Unlimited, the Purchaser shall not be entitled to any rights and/or remedies under this Warranty.
- The Purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy under this Warranty against Doors Unlimited is for the repair (or at Doors Unlimited’s discretion the replacement) of the Product or any part/s and no other remedy, including but not limited to, incidental or consequential damage or loss of whatsoever nature, shall be available to the Purchaser.
- Doors Unlimited’s decision on all matters relating to complaints shall be final and binding on the Purchaser.
- The Warranty Period applicable to Doors Unlimited Products shall be 5 (five) years when treated as per specifications. All products should be treated with an oil-based product on all 6 sides, every 6 months.
- Any defective Product or part/s, which has been replaced, shall become Doors Unlimited’s property.
- Doors Unlimited does not give any warranty or guarantee whatsoever in respect of any Product (or any part/s thereof) which has not been manufactured or imported and distributed by Doors Unlimited, and which has not been purchased from an authorised dealer, whether such Products are branded with any trademark similar to any trademark belonging to or used by Doors Unlimited.
- Doors Unlimited does not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to the Products, including without limitation any implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, except as expressly set forth herein. In no event shall Doors Unlimited be liable to the user for any lost profits or for special damages, indirect loss or any other damage.
- No authority has been given to anyone whomsoever to vary the terms or conditions of this warranty.
- No warranty (whether given by Doors Unlimited or any other person) other than this Standard Warranty certificate shall be binding on Doors Unlimited in relation to the Products.
- Should any problems be experienced with Doors Unlimited’s service, please phone us immediately.
Please keep this Standard Warranty Certificate with your purchase receipt, as it will be needed when claiming service items on this Warranty.