The company does not accept any responsibility for any defects if these procedures have not been followed.
Handling – Prior to Installation
- Please refrain from exposing doors to any rain and damp conditions.
- Allow the doors to adjust to the room temperature and conditions for 2 – 3 days prior to installation.
- Doors should be stored in a well-ventilated area, positioned horizontally on 3 supports (a minimum of 75mm from the floor) with no exposure to natural elements.
- Please ensure that wooden doors are fitted by a qualified carpenter.
- Allow a maximum of 5mm bottom clearance and 3mm side and top clearance.
- Three hinges should be fitted on solid doors weighing more than 20kg, as well as on all doors installed in areas prone to frequent temperature changes and humidity.
- Seal all door edges after trimming, and use suggested sealant on all 6 sides of the door.
- Please refrain from installing mortised locks in line with the horizontal lock rail.
- In accordance with industry standards, a warp will only be considered a defect if it exceeds 6mm on the concave face of a 2032mm high door, and 8mm on a 2400mm high door, measured with a straight edge.
- Colour variations will occur on wood due to it being a natural product.
Timerlife SatinWood 28 Base 5-in-1 Finish (Penetrating Exterior Water Repellent Wood Finish).
- Lintels MUST be used above sliding doors.
- The vertical gap, from top to bottom between the posts and slider MUST be tested at regular intervals and MUST measure the same.
- Sliding doors are to be built in with window / door beading on the outside of the building, i.e. Sliders on the inside. Sliding doors are sunk into the floor.
- Ground level MUST BE 100% LEVEL as illustrated in FIG A (a stone can cause a problem as illustrated in FIG C). Top membrane of sliding door MUST be secured to lintel.
- All wooden products MUST be secured to lintel. Timberlife products are recommended.